We, St. George’s Hill Lawn Tennis Club, are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which we will process any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By
completing a membership application form or by using our website, you are giving your consent to our using and processing your personal data in the way described in this policy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is St. George’s Hill Lawn Tennis Club Limited of St. Georges Hill, Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0LL, the operator of St. George’s Hill Lawn Tennis Club (the Club).
Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Miles Hill.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in our membership application forms, event booking forms or other paper based forms.
You may also give us information about you when you complete other forms or make enquiries on our website www.stghltc.co.uk (our website) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our website, search for information, complete a membership enquiry form, complete an event booking form and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description, dates of birth, names of family members or nannies, or information regarding your status as a student, or other information which we deem necessary to your membership of the Club or the services you use.
Information we collect about you.
With regard to each of your visits to our website we may automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators(URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); facilities and services you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call us.
Information we receive from other sources.
We work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, [advertising networks,] analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways: Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the membership benefits you have subscribed for;
- to provide you with other services we have contracted to provide you;
- to prepare an on-line members’ directory comprising the names, email addresses, telephone numbers and the gender of the members of the Club for use only by members of the Club to contact each other. We also produce an annual diary listing the names, telephone numbers and membership category of members. You may opt to limit the information
included about you in this directory and diary or opt not to be included at all;
- to provide you with information about the Club, including news and
events, and the services we provide;
- to notify you about changes to our membership and other services;
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer. We will contact you towards the end of your membership by post inviting you to renew your membership. For all other news and marketing information, we will contact you only by email and you may opt out of this service at any time.
Information we collect about you on our website. We will use this information:
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services the Club provides that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- Sensitive personal data. Sensitive personal data is data relating to:
- Racial or Ethnic origin
- Political Opinions
- Religious and Other Beliefs
- Trade Union Membership
- Physical or Mental Health Condition
- Sex Life
- Criminal Proceedings or Convictions
Before you use the Gym or Spa, we will collect information about your physical and mental health by completing a form we will go through with you on first consultation and at other times. We will use this information to help us ensure your well-being when using the Gym or the Spa or receiving treatments from us.
Apart from this, the Club does not routinely collect sensitive personal data unless we are required to by law (for example, to ensure we are complying with Discrimination Laws) or to protect the vital interests of yourself or other individuals.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your name, email address, telephone number and gender with other members of the Club in the online members’ directory and the Club’s diary referred to above.
We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreement we have entered into with you or to collect debts owing from you to us; or to protect the rights,
property, or safety of the Club, other members, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes or for inclusion in our on-line members’ directory. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise this right at any time by writing to Deborah Salmons, St. Georges Hill Tennis Club, St. Georges Hill,
Weybridge, Surrey KT13 0LL or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.]
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.